Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happenings

Ok, I promise I will get pictures of M's room up soon. . . but for now I have some other pictures of recent happenings and get-togethers. First, Chris and I had our second anniversary. We went to the Mandarin Garden in Logan where we had our first date. I made us a decorative sign out of scrapbook paper and ribbon.
Next, my dad's birthday. We went to Rooster's in Ogden and had some cupcakes outside afterward.





Next, Chris had his 27th birthday yesterday. We went to the Timbermine Steakhouse and had some presents, cake, and ice cream at home.

I made a happy birthday banner out of scrapbook paper, ribbon, and printed letters. It turned out great!
I also made the cake. It is supposed to be a robot, but it kind of looks like a monster. Anyway, it's saying "27"(imagine it in a robotic voice).We have had so much stuff going on lately! Besides all this stuff, Chris got called as a ward missionary, so he can still wrangle M during church. In a couple of weeks, we have Peach Days. I just have to keep telling myself that it will happen no matter what, so I can't get too worked up about it. In October, we have the ward Primary Program, so I am trying to get these kids to learn the songs as well as they can in the next couple of months. They are doing okay, though. I think it will be great. We are still working on getting the yard in. We have dug about half of our trench lines, maybe a little more. Soon we will be able to get the sprinklers in, put down top soil, and plant our seed. We will be so glad to have that done!

Lastly, I made some Rhode's Rolls for Sunday dinner, and I was super disappointed with how flat they were. In fact, so disappointed that I had to take a picture.

3 comments:

Cynthia Mann said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of parties lately. Sounds fun! Good luck with Peach Days!

kathbot said...

Wha? I thought I commeted on this post already. Great stuff!

Tom Brinton said...

them rolls could pass as muffin tops! speaking of that, where is the picture of me with the cupcake all over my face?