Friday, September 25, 2009

Caramel Corn and a Cutie Pie

We love autumn around here! M has a bunch of new long-sleeved onesies that are red, brown, and orange. On the first official day of fall, I got her all dressed in her "back to school" outfit and took pictures. I know, right? Just wait until she is actually old enough to go to school.

I can't get over her face! Every day she is such a cutie.
She has also started to clap when she is really happy. It is so cute to see her doing it on purpose.
Grandma and Grandpa B gave her this sweet lantern for Halloween. She loves to hold it and stare at the light so much that it is already out of batteries.
We also made caramel popcorn for FHE this week. I was going to put this up earlier and tell everybody to stop by for a snack. . . but we already ate it all. You can still stop by though. We will make a fresh batch, just for you.

I realized the other day that this really is my favorite season. I went to Walmart to get some curtains for our bedroom(next week's decor project), and somehow I ended up getting a bunch of Halloween stuff. I got a big candy bowl, not because we don't already have a big bowl, but that we don't already have a purple Halloween candy bowl. I also got orange cups, ghost napkins and plates, and autumn leaves cupcake liners. Am I having a Halloween party? Not that I know of. But it was almost as much fun buying it as actually having a party. Weird. My love of the season makes me do some crazy stuff. Maybe we will end up having that party. If so, you're invited. Happy Autumn!

2 comments:

Lydja said...

That looks like a Carter's onsie. Is it? Where did you get it? It's as cute as can be!

And hey, you should post your Carmel corn recipe. It's always fun to try something new!

Autumn is my favorite season, too. I love the colors of the leaves and especially when the whole mountain side changes. Have you ever been to Mantua when the hillside is a rainbow of colors? I recommend it.

Tom Brinton said...

hey j. love the new blog! your skills for design are developing quite a bit the more you use them.