Monday, July 26, 2010

New Kicks

I have always wanted to get a pair of Van's slip-ons for M, like so:
Considering that they run about $30, I could never justify the cost, at least not while M is growing like a weed.  While I was out and about a while ago, I ran across some plain white generic brand slip-ons at Hancock Fabrics.  They were on sale for $7.50, so I took on the project to decorate them for M.  Here's how they started:
 And here's the finished deal! 
I did all the drawing and coloring with my pink and purple Micron pens, and my mom brought her bedazzling kit and set the jewels.  I am really happy with how they turned out!  The shoes are still a little bit too big on M, so she will be able to wear them for a while.

4 comments:

Cami said...

You did it!! They look great!

Arin and Troy said...

Those are adorable! You are so creative! I can't believe she is already able to wear a size 6. Stockton is still a 4 and probably will be for awhile.

Lydja said...

How flippen fun is that! Good work.

Jordan said...

Way Cute! I bet Molly looks adorable in them :)